Why financial literacy for teens
is so important – to us all!
Studies show that U.S. teens are graduating from high school without solid financial management skills. The lure of credit card offers and check-cashing stores, combined with a lack of money management education, sets many up for financial problems that can last a lifetime. In turn, this impacts the quality of the communities in which we all live. We work to change that.
SecureFutures is a 501(c)3 non-profit agency founded in 2006 as Make A Difference – Wisconsin with a mission to provide financial literacy programs and resources that empower students to make sound financial decisions. Secure Futures has provided much-needed financial education to more than 100,000 students in high schools and community sites across Wisconsin and beyond, in lessons led by hundreds of volunteers from the local business community.
SecureFutures has twice been the recipient of the Governor’s Financial Literacy Award and was named 2014 Nonprofit Organization of the Year by BizTimes Media.
Conference Planning Task Force
- Co-Chair: Joseph Schlidt, Godfrey & Kahn, s.c.
- Co-Chair: Michael Kelly, UBS Financial Services
- Nicole Best, Heartland Advisors, Inc.
- Timothy Black, PNC
- Mike Bogard, Heck Capital
- Michael Bradburn, Park Bank
- Bob Bukowski, Alpha Investment Consulting Group
- Brenda Campbell, SecureFutures
- Jackie Darr, Racon Capital
- Linda Edmondson, connected communications
- John McDonald – Godfrey & Kahn, s.c.
- David Ness, BMO Global Asset Management
- James Neubauer, OneAmerica
- Matthew Rose, Alpha Investment Consulting Group
- Patrick Sheehy, Northwestern Mutual
- Christine Smyth, The Client Private Reserve at US Bank
- Nate Stading, BMO Global Asset Management
- Dan Tranchita, Robert W. Baird, Inc.
- Sara J. Walker, BMO Harris
- Brian Wolf
Board of Directors and Advisory Council – click here
To learn more, visit us at securefutures.org
Join us for our 2023 Investment Conference!
Tuesday, May 23
2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
400 W Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee WI, 53203